Saturday, November 2, 2013

Listening

I got home late, for me, last night, and went to bed at about 1:30.  I'm definitely not 20 anymore!!  I went to a costume party...

If we stay in the moment all the time, I wonder, when do we have time to think, to consider, to process...there's so much more than simply being in the present.  On the other hand, often we are never in the present at all.  We get locked in the past - brooding, or we get caught by the future - worrying.  And those moments of being in the present are so wonderful.  We do have to remember, to practice.

I talked to a close friend about this blog, and some of the things we have explored.  She recommends Mindfullness Meditation.  She says we can find info on the internet.  I will try to remember to take time to look sometime soon.

With the student, how would you have wanted to be treated?  It is interesting that you have created all of the dialogs already.  That is not living in the present.  I remember once, when I was still married, and having weekly in depth discussions about the effects of alcohol and how it was going to have to stop..My ex said, out of the blue,  "I will stop drinking alcohol if you get rid of your Runes."  I had made a set of Runes to sort of stimulate my intuition and imagination.  I was playing with them, and he thought they were evil.

I said Okay.  I would get rid of them.  He didn't seem to hear my answer.  He launched into a tirade about trying to control other people's behaviors and that we should each be free to do whatever we wanted.  I don't think he ever heard me agree with him.  He was living in his own mind, and obviously I didn't have a presence there. There was just an image.

So, wait and see what they student says and respond from the heart.

If you have a chance to have a conversation with Dad, I will send light and love to both of you,.  My prediction though, which I am going to share despite the paragraph I just wrote about living in the present and not projecting the future, is that he will shy away from anything that threatens to get deep or emotional or real.

The one thing I love about mowing is the meditational escape.  My mind unnravels knots as I walk,  It is the same when I spin or knit.  I somehow go deeper - but I am not in the moment - unless I am lsiting all of the herbs I am beheading in the name of neighborhood conformity.

I love November.  I love Thanksgiving.  But tomorrow may well be the best day...we get to sleep an extra hour.  Yum...Because I am exhausted.

Sleep well, Love to you and yours


Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment