Sunday, November 3, 2013

pretentious

To answer your question about the student...
I think that I would like to have been asked to help her out. I think what frustrates me is the assumption that their lack of planning or compliance means that I have to go out of my way to accommodate. When I read that last sentence I realize that I really want them to recognize and respect my authority...sounds pretty self-indulgent...and pretentious.
What I really want is for students to understand that they are responsible for their work, from start to finish, to do their best, and to take pride in their work. I know that I am neurotic and driven, and while I don't expect that level of effort I want something from them that shows that they care...otherwise we are wasting each other's time and energy.

I do think the conversation with Dad is going to happen...not sure when...but it seems to be looming in the distance. I will need all of the Light that you can send to me. I am trying not to plan or rehearse the interaction...just consider what is most important for me to know. If it is destined then it will happen whenever it is meant to.

I hope that you had fun at the costume party.
I am going to conference Thursday - Saturday this week. I will check in, but have no idea how packed the schedule will be.

Do you think your ex ever saw you clearly? It sounds like he was attracted to you, but then tried to change you, and then found fault with your beliefs. I had similar experiences with husband before the separation. Much has changed after we brought our lives back together. He listens and learns...many things I never thought he would learn or accept...even the energy healing. We are at a very different level now in our relationship. It's not perfect, but we at least are listening and trying to appreciate the differences in each other.

I am really looking forward to this week. I have to pace myself so that I don't burn out too early. I hope that you have a good week as well. Until tomorrow...
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment