Sunday, November 24, 2013

The power of "I statements"

I have been thinking about an earlier question that you asked about my harboring any negativity towards you...
I have been struggling to identify the emotions, memories, and the targets of those negative thoughts...
it is difficult for me to assign blame or negative feelings about anyone...
but as I think about it the female that I am most frustrated with is S#5...
because of the way that she has taken upon herself to maintain the status quo...
I wonder if that's the root of the frustration or if there is something else that fuels it...
maybe I am jealous that she has such 'perfect' childhood memories...
and can only recall great times.
I don't like that she feels able to speak for others...
she rarely stands alone when she makes a statement...
S#4 and I feel that...
Mom and Dad and I...
one of the principles that I learned over the past few years is the importance of "I statements"...
I feel that...
I don't like it when...
I am hurt when you...
They show ownership and personal conviction...
It is amazing how few people will claim their ideas and actions as their own...
it is safer to be the spokesperson of a group...
To share their ideas...
that way, if it doesn't work out the blame is spread across the whole group, not squarely on one's shoulders.

I am not sure if this is the root of that negativity...but I am a little agitated as I write this...
so maybe.

Thanksgiving...and other holidays...are wonderful times.
But I can remember being quite depressed through the holidays as a child.
They were so hyped by everyone...
and then so anticlimactic and disappointing...
The first time I remember really enjoying Thanksgiving and Christmas was my college years...
because I was in a relationship that allowed me to enjoy the time.

The description of the psychic energy work is very much like reiki that I've been doing...
it is about ridding yourself of negative energy and then turning that energy into positive energy and replacing or releasing it.

It's late and I am too tired to think deeply.
Until tomorrow,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment