Thursday, November 14, 2013

Crazy...I have to find a better word

I am curious if you cycle into these melancholy periods as you would your menstrual cycle? I remember hearing Clarissa Pinkola Estes once saying that the veil is thinnest around the time of menstruation...even in post-menopausal women...cycles continue throughout your life. Maybe it has to do with the moon's cycle...just observe.

I was just interviewed by a student for a project on campus. I had to answer stock questions from his list...and started to wonder...how flakey must I sound?

Did you ever change your major in college? No, I was always focused on medical school and practicing medicine. It wasn't until after I practiced for years that I began to doubt that direction.
What other community activities are you involved in off campus? Well I am on the board of the domestic violence shelter, I rescue animals and I sing and write music.

I found myself asking him to not make me sound crazy when he does his presentation...
That is the second time this week I referred to myself as crazy...
I have to change that...find a better word.

Arguing with my older son...I will be so thankful when we stop butting heads. We argue over almost everything right now...what time to come home...who is cutting his hair...who he can hang out with...taking out the garbage or recycling....he just wants to fight. He reminds me that he is 17 and not a baby at least 3 times every day...

I can't think anymore...I will check in tomorrow.
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment