Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pertinent quote for the end of my week...

Your last post is amazing...and it's too much for me to process tonight.  I think I will have to reread what you have written several times tomorrow.  Then I can respond.

It just reminds me of a conversation I had with a dear friend today, about being without family because of pain and dysfunction.  Of being alone, no community...It's happening to us all on every level.

I spent a lot of time last weekend with a close friend, and talked about the wooden doll in the bottom of the swamp.  I talked about the little girl in the box.

I love synchronicity.  The next day, my friend shared the following with me.  It was, coincidentally, her night-time meditation.  I have been rereading and thinking about this.

It is from the Hazelden Foundation's Days of Healing, Days of Joy by Ernie Larsen and Carol Larsen Hegarty.

Many of us are scared to death of the wounded child living within us.  We're afraid of remembering too much, afraid of feeling overwhelmed, afraid of the rage that will be stirred up.  But in spite of all that learned fear, there is good reason to listen to what that precious part of us has to say.

Children, no matter how wounded, are naturally honest.  Play is their main task in life.  Wonder, imagination. trust and love are as much a part of them as their fingers and toes.  The very young haven't had time yet to practice the deadly skill of deceit.

Our child is still there - within.  That child still speaks messages of innocence and still waits to be heard and acknowledged.  It is the child within, although it may be wounded, that waits to teach us and lead us along the road to recovery.  Often the child leads the adult to wisdom

I think some of us, as children, are in better shape than others...

I will respond in more depth tomorrow.  Keep going, though, keep feeling, keep sharing, keep writing.

I love you!!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment