Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I am enough - permanently

I am tempted to say - Let's do it.  Let's get that tattoo.  I wanted one when I was young, but my ex said it would be very low class.  When others started doing it, I lost all interest.  The nonconformist in me won't follow trends.

Your description of me is beautiful.  Of course, I don't quite believe it, especially in relationship to me.  But I'll sit with it for a little while.  I'll see if I can own it.

I love the images from your healer.  I think I will try it when I am in those vivid moments before sleep.

Mom called today.  She sounded happy.  Apparently there will be a family gathering at S#5's - time has not been determined - but it will be between Christmas and New Years.  I already know I am working, so I won't be driving that far.  But it reminded me that the family time of year is approaching.  I talked to kids today to start the negotiations.  I have this feeling that I would like to do something elegant.  I also know it's time to reread Maeve Binchy, Next Year Will Be Better.  It's good to remind myself that Christmas isn't perfect - never.  Usually I just pray for the holidays to be over - I just want to get it out of the way, get through with as little pain as possible.  But if I read about foibly Christmases, I lower my expectations...maybe?

Had a long talk with my eldest.  We were talking about acceptance, self-acceptance, fighting inner demons and dealing with addictions.  I wish I had been a better mother so she would not be battling her way through life.

I guess that's another part of the holiday...looking at us as a family, seeing our flaws, blaming myself...But I think in general, I am becoming kinder.  I am loving us more.  I adore my children...somehow I have to make this all fit...will keep thinking.

Thinking, thinking, thinking...And sending you love...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment