Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Look for the good

The song, Somebody Loved, is such a gentle, touching song. I really like it.

It makes me wonder how many people who have loved me that I have not recognized or pushed away because I could not feel love back. What an impossible thought. Probably not fruitful to go through that process.

It is good that you can have those important conversations with your oldest. She obviously trusts you with her secrets which is far ahead of where you and I were even a few years ago. I think that our kids' generation is healthier than ours is. I do see risky behaviors but they aren't hidden and kept secrets. Even though the behaviors are not great at least they are healthy enough to claim them. Recognizing the problem is a first step. It's going to be a few more generations until this clan gets healthy.

I am procrastinating on my packing. I really am looking forward to the conference, but I really dislike being away from home, especially at bed time. I just have to get up and start packing...after the popcorn is gone!
They are showing a movie/documentary over lunch one day about music and its healing qualities. I am looking forward to that.

I want to tell you about something that happened last evening. My youngest and I were waiting for son#1 after we had eaten dinner. He still had half a sandwich left and was bringing it home to take to school for lunch. While we sat in the car and waited a disheveled man with a cart came by and sat on a bench nearby. My son made a comment, pointing him out and we talked about how hard it must be to be homeless, particularly with it becoming colder. When son#1 came to the car he kind of snickered about the man. My youngest got out of the car, took his half sandwich to the man and gave it to him. The man thanked him.
When son#2 got back into the car he looked at me and smiled and as we drove away he said,"Mom, what if he wasn't homeless? What if I just insulted him?" I assured him he had done the right thing.
There is good in that heart! His brother told him that he "would never had had the balls" to do something like that. Even though I reminded him of good that he has done.
I am in a good cycle with these two...Thank you Universe.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment