Friday, December 26, 2014

Two turtle-doves......no, one turtle

The Second Day of Christmas - it's supposed to be two turtle doves today...him...

I think today I am the turtle...just a turtle. I have no energy.  I had a couple of phone calls from kids, but not much happened and I wasn't getting anything done on my long to do list. Then I sat down to write this. My neighbor pulled in the driveway.  I went out to see if she needed help. She said no, so I ran out to the mailbox while she tried to get something out of her car.  At the end of the driveway I met my middle kid who came to borrow the chimnay brush.  So after hours of quiet, there was a flurry.

Your package was in the box. Thank you for the shirt.  I will wear it with voice.

I can sympathize with your oldest.  Christmas is all about tradition, which means things stay the same every year.  Yet we change every year. There are more of us. There are fewer of us.  Everything changes. It is a troubling paradox.  But at least things change slowly. My kids grew up and moved out slowly.  And I could see the changes coming.

And the music is always the same.

Tomorrow was supposed to be a day for our all-together Christmas. Since my middle kid and his family spent the last days with her family, I planned to have a - at this point it will be a Christmas barbecue. I am going to smoke a turkey. - so I planned to have a Christmas lunch with all the kids. My son just told me he hopes to work every day until New Years.  He said he has too many bills, and not enough money.  Welcome to adulthood, my son.  I remember my parents-in-law talking about the problems with holidays - not getting paid for days off combined with extra expenses really destroys the holidays. I must say I completely understand. This, and the six hour drive were why we decided not to go to S#5's tomorrow. I wait to hear your experiences and impressions.

Definitely remain open to the unexpected. This Christmas has been full of it.

Instead of profound, I am tired and not thinking of anything brilliant.  I will wait to hear about your adventures with sibs and parents.

I wuill be with you in the Light.

Love from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment