Monday, December 29, 2014

Five golden rings

Hi Maggie,

So it's the Fifth Day of Christmas, the day of five golden rings. And today as I was considering that, I was struck by the five golden rings and the fifth, yellow chakra and suddenly wondered if the twelve days resound to the twelve chakras. If so, then tomorrow is the day of the heart, and of having faith and going with the flow.

My daughter brought her daughter early today, and so I did not have time to finish writing reports.  I still had a few to write when I finally got her down to sleep.  I went back to my office to write and the dogs barked because someone had the audacity to drive past our house. And of course that immediately woke her up.

I gave up, and brought my computer to bed, so I could write and still be present.  I put her back to sleep by playing music - from youtube.  As I held her waiting for her to go back to sleep, I was able to gaze at her. This always softens a grandma!  I was watching her doze and thinking about her life, wondering if we will be able to protect her.

I know we can't protect her from everything, and we're not supposed to. But can we protect her from the brutality?

I spoke with someone from another culture today who just spent time in Thailand. She commented on a big guy from LA being there with a child-like Thai woman.  She said the size difference made her very uncomfortable. It made me nauseous, and I wasn't even there.  I said something about the sex tourism, and the young girls being sold into sexual slavery.

She said that in Thailand, other women seem to see it as just another profession, as opposed to her country where sex workers are considered the lowest of the low.  She listed a lot of countries men come from to exploit Thai women.  I countered with - it could be another profession if only adults are involved and if the woman had many choices.

I remain troubled.

So many girls, women are not protected, are not valued.  And it circles back to me watching my infant granddaughter sleep, and feeling this deep need to protect.

I hope all is well with you and yours. Sending thoughts of love and Light!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment