Thursday, December 25, 2014

Be open to the unexpected

Christmas comes whether we are ready or not.  And I think I stayed soft and let it be what it needed to be.

I had a strange Christmas...

I went to breakfast at my daughter's. We watched the baby open some gifts, and exchanged a few.  My ex had picked me up, and on the way home, I asked him if he was going to go to dinner with our oldest and her boyfriend.  They were scheduled to spend the afternoon with his mother and family.  He said no, he was going to look for our youngest son.  I told him that my neighbor was coming over to play cards with me, and he was welcome to join us.

I never imagined he would come...

My neighbor showed up and said I needed a read.  My heart chakra was wide open, and I felt energy pulsing through me.  She gave a different kind of reading than ever before. She predicted a death, three weddings and two pregnancies.

Just as she was  finishing, she said it looked like someone was here. Sure enough, my ex came to play cards.  I was surprised.  And it was okay. We played for a few hours.  My neighbor went home. We warmed up leftovers, each had a glass of wine and played Scrabble.  It felt like we made peace...really made peace with the past.

I never, ever imagined I would spend Christmas with him.  But it was right.

The universe delivers gifts.  The gift of peace is so appropriatefor this season.

Then I opened the box of old photos that Mom sent.  I found a photo of our great-grandmother - Grammy's mom.  I had never seen her before.  I stopped and studied her. Old photos are not clear, though. It was hard to see features.  But I feel like I was introduced to Josephine.

So that was my Christmas...a Christmas during which not much sugar has passed my lips!  I have not been perfect, but I have been close!!

Loved the union-suits!  May your holiday continue to be rosy!!

Love and hugs from Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment