Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Light invitation

I will hold S#4 in the Light.  I guess we wait to see what happens with her. 

I think mostly we are in pain - all of us - everyone.  And when in pain, we seek to numb, to withdraw.  And if we have kids, they get hurt because the person who is supposed to love them is unavailable.  And if you don't love me, it is because I am unlovable, there is something wrong with me - a child's logic.

We are all hurt.

I have wondered a few times in the past what the 9 of us would be like if we had been raised by healthy parents.  I looked at each of us and I saw extreme talent and intelligenceI looked at us and saw balance and beauty - each one of us. But all of those gifts, all of that Light has been raped out of us.

Last night I was thinking about my kids. I love them. I think they are beautiful.  I am in awe of their beauty. It is a pleasure to be near them.  But they struggle with addiction - with smoking and alcohol, mostly.  I suddenly had the same thought about them...What if they had been raised by healthy parents?  Their gifts, their Light has been dimmed by anger and depression and an alcoholic-codependence war.

I am sorry.

I wish I could have a do over...in this lifetime!

Okay, let's celebrate the Light.  In recognition of this, the darkest month of the year, when we wait with complete faith for the return of the sun and longer days. let's share one Light moment every day.  If you miss a day here, then you have to share two, or more, when you return.  Even surgery can't get you off the hook for this one.

Today, my Light moment was with the baby.  She is now 20 months old, and active.  She likes to climb things to reach more things.  Today I watched her deposit a few of her books between the back of the couch and the wall. I asked  her what she was doing and she looked at my with such pride and delight, that she filled my heart. I pulled the couch out, a few inches from the wall, so we could see the books.  She looked at me in awe - there they were.

My only comment, besides smiling and sharing her joy was,  "Hmmmmm, we can't read them if they are down there..."  Can't resist a little logical consequences.

Love and hugs and Light and connections and cookies and healing...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment