Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas miracles

Hi Maggie,

You allowed yourself to be vulnerable, to feel the pain of almost, to feel the reassurance of it's okay, then of being vulnerable in front of your son and allowing him to be a warrior.  Your Christmas is perfect. You had a Christmas miracle!!

I am so stressed. I am so tired.   My house is such a wreck. I never told my kids about Santa when they were young.  All of their training and education came from our culture. But as they got older, I did pull one. I used to say, "I'm not going to let Santa into a messy house."

I wish I could make that announcement today and have the universe deliver help.  Instead I'll just hope for gracious guests who pretend the tornado has not been in residence all week.

I have been cooking, which I really enjoy.  And I don't mind cleaning. Once.

How did we survive multiple toddlers?  Now I know why we have kids when we are young!

S#3 called today.  No CHEK2  gene mutation.  She was very relieved. 

I read an article today that postulated that rape is the basis of religion. The author looked at a range of religions and showed how all included stories of women impregnated without consent.  There may have been acceptance later, but the impregnation happened without consent. The author speculated that men assume that women want to be impregnated by a godly figure, to have higher ranking offspring.  The author also emphasized the role of women as chattel, whose fertility belongs to her family until she is owned by the highest ranking man possible.  Her thoughts and feelings simply don't figure into the whole process.

Interesting reading at this time of year.

I frosted my sweet breads and put them on the table to dry. Heard some rustling and found my little Emmy almost successfully pulling a loaf down.  My Christmas miracle for the day - I caught her before she got it!!

Just gotta get through a little more stress, and I can rest.  That will be my Christmas gift!

Love and hugs,

Clare




No comments:

Post a Comment