Sunday, December 7, 2014

Cookies

Light...people in my life. I had a strange headache yesterday.  It just didn't feel right.  My neighbor called to complain about her sinuses, and I realized I was feeling the beginnings of a sinus infection. I have only had one sinus infection, right after my youngest son was born. That was the last time I took antibiotics...almost 28 years ago! That was probably the sickest I have ever been.  After I realized it was a sinus headache, my granddaughter showed me a massage technique her other grandmother    taught her to drain her sinuses. It worked beautifully!

And today, the Light was - sunshine.  Real, physical light.  I had three grandchildren overnight. It has been a gloomy week. The sun came out and we went out and explored the woods by the house. We found things I have never seen before.  Life is always more interesting from a child's perspective.

I thought I would have time to sit here and think and to share.  But my neighbor called and wanted to talk. Now I am exhausted.

No brilliant thoughts to share...

Just a story.  This weekend we made gingerbread houses.  In my imagination, we play Christmas carols and enjoy time together and make memories.  In reality, we are commenting on siblings stealing our ideas.  I had a moment of frustration, then remembered, I am grateful to be here. now...and I let go of expectations.  So we decorated the faces of the cookies that will be glued together with frosting, later.  I moved them out of the sun, and we went outside. Came back and found Emily chewing cardboard...she was actually licking the frosting off the roof.  The roof had a reindeer and a caramel chimney...My little one was pretty good natured about the destruction.  I promised to make new roof pieces and new sides for his house.  And everyone has had a laugh,

That has been my day...

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment