Friday, December 19, 2014

Jokes?

Hi Honey,

You do what your body tells you to. You trust yourself.  What I was thinking is that the first days of a cleanse are usually emotionally detoxing also. When I do something like that, I usually choose a down time when I won't be around too many people.

I certainly was not recommending going whole hog on the sugar and alcohol!

When B#1was in fifth grade, his teacher was married to the high school band teacher. She saw a talented, intelligent young man lost in a sea of kids in a poorish home. She made arrangements for him to borrow the school's tuba, and to get lessons at school. He practiced every night.  Mom didn't have to nag him at all.

Because of his success, the school made the same arrangements - for B#2 to have a French horn and for B#3 to have a baritone.  Only B#1 had that innate dedication to practice and learn.

I remember when I was at the school before that one, at the Catholic school, I had asked for a flute, but Mom said we could not afford it.  While I was thinking about this today, I had a memory flood back.  I wanted to play an instrument, so Mom and two other moms with kids my age who had similar aspirations went to Sister and asked if the school would consider offering accordion lessons, and if they would allow accordion players to be part of the school band.

It was a very Lake Woebegone moment...
"Is this a joke?" 
"I'm not sure.  You'll have to ask Mrs. Delana."

So, S#3 is on her way. She is going to fetch her boy home for Christmas.  I have to work tomorrow morning, so they will have time together.  Then a close friend will be here to drop off her dog.  I watch the dog whenever she travels.

B#1...we wrote letters to each other the first year he was in the Navy, which was my second year at university.  I went to visit him when he was stationed in Virginia Beach, and got to be the only girl hanging out with his Navy friends for a couple days.

Later, he came to visit me at school.  I took lots of pictures - I think it was his birthday.  And his room-mate came with him.  A few weeks later there was that horrible accident when B#1 was hit head on by a drunk driver.  Both of his room-mates were killed instantly. He told me a story, later. After the accident, he "woke up" and his two friends were walking away. He got up to follow them, but they turned around and told him he had to stay here.  He said he already knew when the doctors asked Mom and Dad to tell him the others were dead.

It took B#1 a long time to recover from his injuries...

I had the last photos of his friend, which I shared with the friend's mother...but that is another story!

Detox and be of good cheer!!!

Love and hugs and magical times be yours,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment