Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas-time

Merry Christmas, Maggie!

This year I could say Muddy Christmas - especially with all of the dogs going in and out today!

We may have traditions, but things change - every year things are different. Before my youngest went home with her boyfriend and her daughter, she noted that this would be the first time we haven't sat and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas together after everyone else had gone home.

I read today that many people love Christmas Eve the best.  People love the anticipation.  I was thinking about that, about the struggle to create a magical and perfect holiday.  We try as much as we can, then we left go and dive into whatever the holiday brings us.  The release is what makes our holiday. We accept with joy or we pout because it isn't exactly what we wanted.

I guess we move into the flow of our heart chakra, or we stay stuck in yellow, trying to force everything to be the way we demand...

We had a candle-lit dinner - lots and lots of candles - followed by a rousing game of Crimes Against Humanity.  We laughed a lot.  Tomorrow morning, we will have breakfast at my youngest's house.  Then I will be home alone.  Weird - that is a first.  I thought about that and considered my older neighbor who is estranged from her family. I called her up and asked her to come and play cards.  She asked if she could bring a bottle of wine.

Changes.

I hope you and yours are basking in the glow of love and calm acceptance.

I love you!!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment