Wednesday, December 17, 2014

LIGHT!!!!!!!

Hello Li'l Sister,

Today was a day of such Light, of such a gift.  Today our governor banned hydraulic fracturing in our state. When I read the news, I did not believe it. I read it again and was flooded with such hope, such Light, such joy.  Sometimes good prevails.

I danced. I picked up the baby and I danced. And I shed tears of joy.

I have been so involved in environmental activism in the past.  It breaks my heart not to be out there on this issue.  But job, family and lack of car have kept me isolated.  I am so proud of my neighbors who did this.

It is so f**king cool!!!!!

Today was also the day the baby and I made Christmas toes. She was at loose ends and dismantling my house, and so I decided to paint her toenails bright red.  Then we did mine.  This was after we went for a walk in the snow.  She was having a blast, running down the dirt road out front with fat, fluffy flakes floating around her...until...she saw a mud puddle and decided to go wading.  She got a couple pirouettes in before I grabbed her and lifted her out of the water.

So we came in and removed socks and shoes, and put them near the fire to dry.  Since we had bare feet - Christmas toes!

Now, she's finally asleep and I am ready to follow suit.

I love you. I hope you are having a happy day, too.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment