Thursday, December 11, 2014

Snow day!

Clare,

I knew I was having same day surgery…
sorry, I thought I'd told you that…
I obviously overlooked it…
my apologies.

I am so pleased with the way my body feels right now. I have minimal discomfort and I still have most of my flexibility. In retrospect I believe that I was anticipating a repeat of the mastectomy recovery which was challenging and extended. I am doing light housework, walking around, taking minimal pain meds…it's better than expected.
I get to uncover the boobs today and take a shower. I am really curious to see what they look like. Right now I'm figure-of-eight wrapped, mummy style bandaging. It will be good to release that tension, at least for a little while. I think I have to re-bandage, but I have to check with the office to be sure.

We are having a beautiful snowstorm. It's gentle, quiet and serene. I am feeling lucky that no one has anywhere to go and we can just relax together. I'm feeling a lot more quiet and serene now that the surgery is behind me. I don't think I recognized the anxiety that was causing me. My Light for today will be the reflected sunlight off the new-fallen snow.

I am almost finished Christmas shopping, even though I haven't stepped into a shop. I've tried to buy from online companies that support artists, like Etsy, or charities, like Sevenly. It's been fun.
I still have to find something for Liz's boyfriend. He's always a challenge to buy for. I'll probably get him a gift card for a day of snowboarding at the mountain. I know he'll enjoy it and it's exercise in the fresh air.

Love and Light until tomorrow beautiful sister,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment