Saturday, December 13, 2014

More Light to be found

Clare,

I am enjoying these softer days. I walk through my house and notice areas that should be mopped…
and I tell myself that it must wait…
I'm not physically ready to vacuum and mop yet.
I am disappointed that I didn't plan ahead enough to get a good book…
I've been watching home renovation and food competition type shows…
and it's making me brain dead.

Yesterday I made it through the day with no pain meds…
it felt pretty good…
I think I'll transition to Motrin and throw the rest of the "controlled substances" away.
I stayed un-medicated because my youngest had an appointment…
for a tattoo.
He earned it while out in the desert…
as his older brother had.
I took him and they were reluctant because he is 15…
but, after hearing his story they consented.
He had his trail name "Roaring Badger" and a trail sign he designed placed on his right bicep.
The owner of the shop started talking about tattoos as "rights of passage"…
traditionally a part of the young man's ceremony of maturity.
So, now my boys have lived through two rights of passage…
I hope they've left indelible marks on their hearts forever.

Today we are going to some local art galleries and shops and then down to the trolley experience. It should be a good day. I just hope I have the stamina to keep going…the anesthesia affects me for a good week. My Light today will be soaking in all of that artistic beauty and expression.

I can imagine how beautiful your house would be bathed in candle light. Our Meeting House opens for 2 hours each Christmas Eve, lit with only candles, totally silent- except for the comings and goings of attenders. It has become one of my favorite Christmas traditions. This year husband and the family are talking about coming with me. Their church has only one service, 8 pm, we usually all attend the midnight service together. Another issue is that the pastor is leaving after this Sunday, so it will be a stranger performing the service.
I am having trouble giving up my alone time at the Meeting House…
it was the only time that was just mine…
to spend with the divine…
to really feel the depth of love at Christmas.
I am not sure if I can give that up…
but how do I tell them I don't want them along?
Dilemmas…
Dilemmas…

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment