Friday, December 5, 2014

Hibernate and rejuvenate

Clare,

I needed a laugh this morning…
"sexy little sister"…
not owning that right now…
but thanks.

I am preparing for a dozen college women staying at my house this weekend.
I'm making grocery lists and checking the pantry…
I'm looking at what really needs to be cleaned before they arrive…
I'm taking blankets to the laundromat so that they are fresh and clean…
my washer is acting up…
I am realizing that they aren't coming here for a 5 star experience…
that are coming to raise money for families that really need their love and support.
Their THON child and her family were planning on joining us for dinner on Saturday…
but she is in the hospital…
not sure of the details.
I love having these women here.

I am losing my morning practice…
yoga, meditation, getting myself ready.
It is changed because of the new schedule with sons at home. I guess I have to sacrifice and go back to getting up at 5:45 to fit it all in. I hate early morning, but if I don't claim that time my day feels "off".

I realized that I haven't been clearing myself after clients…
maybe that is one reason I am feeling out of sorts.
I've got to create a ritual and then follow that.

I just want a reason to be feeling so shitty. I've had such hope recently. I've felt the growth and change that is happening in my family. Perhaps it is time to be quiet and let those changes solidify into habits. Perhaps I want to keep moving forward and the universe is telling me to slow down. Perhaps winter really is a time to hibernate and rejuvenate. I'll have to sit with this.

My Light yesterday? I attended a holiday gathering for the board of directors of the women's shelter last evening. A friend, who is also on the board made vegetarian "meat"balls out of Freekah and pumpkin mac and cheese because she knows I eat vegetarian. I am reminded that people care and I am grateful.

I am blessed.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment