Wednesday, January 21, 2015

trust and love

Clare,
It must be in the air.
I am consuming sugar and fat…
with a little salt on the side for good measure.
I think it's related to the Tamoxifen…
but that may be an excuse.
I had lost about 3 lbs during my cleanse and I've gained that plus 5.
I'm back where the oncologist told me I needed to lose weight to reduce my risks.
I think it's the time of the year…
I generally get heavier at this time...
I generally lose it in the spring…
it all evens out in the long-term.

I am concerned about my sons, especially the older. He seems to have devalued himself again. He's convinced that he is not good enough-smart enough- to finish school. He is making that a reality. He found pout yesterday that he let his statistics grade slip from an 84 to a 28 by not doing the work. He's failed english. He needs to take 3 semesters of english this half of the year as well as compact a year of statistics/trigonometry into half a year. I've offered my assistance. I've offered tutoring. I've offered to leave him alone if that's what he wants. I've reached out to guidance. I don't know what else to do.
Trust and love…
allow him to live with the consequences of his choices…
let him learn from life.

Our niece needs to work out her traumas- if not with her Dad, then with a therapist. She is going to repeat the patterns until she learns the lessons. Maybe we could tattoo "I am enough" on her, somewhere, to remind her that she is complete and perfect just the way she is. I understand that her father is not capable of reaching out to her. But, those bridges were burnt from both directions- S#3 was not silent about him and his faults as much as he complained about her. Those kids were pawns in an ugly divorce. I love S#3, but she made some choices along the way that are not healthy for her or her children and now grandchildren. This is not meant to be judgmental… just offering my perspectives.

I also watch those animal rescue videos…
and fantasize about fostering more animals…
husband would go crazy if I brought more home.
If I weren't married I'd definitely be a crazy cat/dog/horse lady.

Love and Light beautiful Clare,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment