Friday, January 30, 2015

commandments

Hi Maggie,

I have a feeling you were truly connected to the young man. His life, so far, has taught him that he is not worthy of connection.  So he did something "bad" to maintain the status quo.  I have seen so many good people do something "bad" just to prove their parents right.  I wonder if it's another face of addiction, just as some people are addicted to being abused, and continually go back to their abuser.  I wonder if this young man you are working with will have to do seven stupid things to see if there really is a connection...

The baby was glassy eyes yesterday, and so I held her while she took a very long nap. Then last night, by the time she was asleep, so was I. Today went almost the same. She is simply having a very difficult time falling asleep.  She may be fighting the latest bug, or getting teeth, or getting ready to make some big developmental step or maybe she is about to grow.  Something is off.  Her mama is exhausted.  Because of chaos at work and very low temperatures, the baby will stay here tonight. I'm gonna be tired!

Try sensing the chakras.  Feet, knees, public bone, between the ovaries, just above the naval but below the solar plexus, over the heart, over the thyroid, in the middle of the foreheard, top of the head, then a few above. Once you can feel them, apply colors.  Let me know how it goes. Once you can sense them, clear them and see how you feel.

I have been stuck on your comment about the ten commandments.  Sister made us memorize them and recite them, along with the Baltimore Catechism and the Apostles' Creed.  We were indoctrinated. If it's truth, one does not have to force young children to learn this and regurgitate upon command.  It's been so many years, I had to review the commandments. I see that one through four are forcing us to participate in a religion.  We are not allowed to honor any other gods or god-like images, we are not allowed to swear and we must go to church on the Sabbath.  Pretty interesting beginning!  Next, we are obliged to honor our father and mother. It does not matter if they are honorable people. And they don't have to honor us. But we must obey authority.  Sort of prepares us for obeying the Great  White Fathers in Washington. More indoctrination.  So half are about obedience and conformity - but not about being a decent person.

Lastly we have - No killing, No adultery, No stealing, No Lying, No coveting.  Yeah, I think we missed something here. There is nothing about stewardship and living lightly on the planet. There is nothing about slavery, protecting others from it.  Nothing protects women or children. It almost seems as if these rules protect ownership and white patriarchy. 

I think we need other rules.  We need something more Earthly and humane.

And, it's late. I missed you yesterday. I hope you are feeling better.

Hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment