Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Out them

Happy Birthday Dear, Did you get the heat thing worked out?  It is so cold here - the worst day to lose heat!

Did you have fun today?  You asked me if I had any advice.  I thought of something in the middle of the day, but now it's gone. That might be a preview of the rest of this decade!  If my profundity returns, I'll share it with you.

For Environmental Concerns, I would get Friends to sing This Pretty Planet, as a round.  There's something about joining voices and creating harmony that joins a people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeqDHppFwHE

Or I would play a recording of our get someone to perform Molly Scott's We Are All One Planet...

http://www.mollyscott.com/AOL/index.html

(I love this whole album.  If you have time to listen, you may like it!)

Nephew and I went outside just a few minutes ago, and it is COOOOOOOLLLDDD out there, to find the comet that is passing close by - relatively.  We found it.  We found it not by looking at it. Looking at it with the naked eye made it seem to disappear into the dark. But if we gazed at Orion's belt, we could see the unchanging streak of light.

Lesson number one, I think.

I came in to  check the sky maps, to assure myself that we were indeed looking at the comet. I took some time to read about it. The last time it popped by to say Hello and shine down on us was about 11,500 years ago. I wondered what was happening here at that time. I found that humans were already planting grains, but had just begun domesticating livestock.  They were learning to OWN nature. It was the beginning of patriarchy and ownership of women, children, land, animals, trees and plants.  It is an insane notion that we haven't been able to tweak out of our overconditioned mentality...

I wondered what this visit would usher in.  I know what I want. I want the Millenia of Peace.  I want the end of ownership and money and debt.  I want a balanced and egalitarian society. I want women's voices to be as important, as listened to, as men's.  I want humans to recognize Gaia and respect her and stop poisoning her...

I read an exchange, I guess from a cell phone today.  A young man contacted a young woman from a dating sight maybe, and asked her about the weather and sent her a crotch shot.  When she told him he was inappropriate, he told her she was a prude...you know how that conversation goes...trying to shame her so he can feel good about showing off the jewels.  So she said she was going to forward the whole conversation to his mom, to show her how her son is helping to perpetuates the rape culture.

He was  aghast.

I like it.

Out them!

It made me think of another article I read, a man complaining about not getting enough sex.  His conjecture was that women can have sex anytime they want to. It doesn't matter how gross we are, there is someone who is desperate enough to screw us...and he was letting us know, we are lucky.  That is rape, too.  I remember being confused by his point of view...was it true? Now I think that maybe he was seeing women's existence through a skewed lens.  Sure, there's someone available to rape anytime we stay still.

Predators have no idea what it feels like to be prey all the time. They have no idea what it means to not be able to walk down a street at night. Or even during the day.  The rulers have no idea that we don't live like they do. We don't think like they do.

I saw one other thing, another man pondering why women have relationships with men, considering - then there was a list of statistics showing that most violence toward women comes from men - why would we do it?

Still congested and lightheaded, maybe still under the spell of the green comet - same color as the heart chakra, the chakra we are being welcomed into!!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday. I love you,

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment