Thursday, January 8, 2015

inspiration

Clare,

I'm sorry I didn't get here yesterday. I had a long day at work. I left the house at 8:45am and got back about 9:30 pm. It was so bitter outside. I had a few meetings and then gave a 3 hour presentation on ethical considerations of medical genetics. It went well. People responded positively.
One of my meetings was amazingly emotional for me. It was our usual bi-weekly staff meeting, but one of the staff is leaving. I was upset because no one had told me that. They also gave his responsibilities to another woman who is already handling many things. They were talking about having the interns help her juggle everything. "What about me?" I wanted to scream. I politely waited my turn to speak and asked "What is my role here?" That simple phrase opened up conversation with 4 out of the 6 people there throughout the day. I've been asked to write a job description for myself and submit…the Acting Director will see what she can do.

I've got another long day today. Clients all day…home to help my youngest with his school work…a board meeting tonight.

I am going to try to work the heart chakra idea into the opening exercises…maybe even the comet.
I like tying it together…
from personal to universal.
Thanks for the inspiration.

We did get heat later that same day. It got to the mid-50s in the house though before it was working again. I thought last night…as I was driving in the cold about the homeless…how incredibly uncomfortable they must be during this season. I hope they seek shelter somewhere.

Thanks for the inspirations.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment