Saturday, January 17, 2015

checking in

Clare,

I have cried a lot…
more than I allowed myself to cry at my own cancer diagnosis…
I am able to be open and vulnerable with my  animals.
My horse died with the kind, gentleness that he lived. He was a wonderful, calm animal. He spent time with us and then walked bravely into the field. He released to the other side with dignity surrounded by several humans who loved him. It was hard, but beautiful.

I am crying about our niece also.
I admit that about 2 weeks ago I said to my daughter that her cousin will end up reconciling with this man unless she finds someone new.
She believes that a man is a necessity and that she does not deserve a good one.
I wish she could celebrate her independence…
teach her daughters that being single is valid…
and I worry about how many negative comments have been made about the man and the confusion that must be felt by those children. Talk about mixed messages.

I've got a wicked headache.
Crying hurts…
especially when it is so foreign to me and I fight it with my body.

I will check in tomorrow.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment