Friday, January 23, 2015

escalation

And...I had another strange thought. I'll leave it here so I don't forget.

I am still struggling with addiction. I have watched my oldest quit smoking, for months. Then, one little slip and it escalates.  Truly, once we have conquered a longing, and addiction for several months, and we feel good, it just doesn't seem like we'll ever go back.

But then it's like the body betrays us. It ups the ante maybe, and then the slip begins - just a little taste...the body loses balance and, bam - you're down for the count.

I was wondering if going back to a bad relationship is like fighting addiction. I wonder if there is some sort of addictive connection between the two people involved in an abusive relationship.

So that's it...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment