Sunday, January 25, 2015

FOMO

I have been thinking a lot about living an unprocessed life.  Your description was a perfect map for getting out of the yellow chakra and into the green!

I have been thinking about cell phones.  I still don't have one.  My oldest gave me just a simple one, just because of worry.  I think I texted once.  Mostly I plugged it in and set it on the windowsill to charge and forgot about it.  I have been told that it is safer to have one.  But what came to me, is that we all think everyone has a phone with them at all times, and so we are off the hook.  We don't have to stop and check on people, especially strangers. We don't have to worry about anyone who looks like they might be in any kind of distress - because we all have a phone.  We can all call for help.

People used to stop and help each other.

And then there is the fun of walking down the street and watching everyone look at their phone. No one knows where they are or how they got there, or who's around them. We are all enthralled by the virtual reality on our phones. It's so much safer than living a real life on a real planet with real connections and real fears and real loves.

A new psychological condition has been identified, FOMO - fear of missing out - that described this inability to disconnect from the phone.

But I also read that we are in the newly designated Age of Loneliness.  We have all this connection, yet we are not connected. There is always a device or some technology dividing us.

Your inner struggles, then your honesty with your son - that's real.

I have been playing with the idea of disappearing into the forest. I have tried it on, at night before sleeping. I slipped in and was enveloped in dark.  But it was alive. No wonder we are so afraid of the forest. But this was not terror.  It was awe. There were places that were red/maroon, where Light was coming through the thinning tissue.

I was in a womb.

I thought I suddenly understood why the forest service is so desperate to clear cut the forests. There is power there. There is potential. There is a place where we can reconnect.  The Japanese have a special word for forest-bathing - for reconnecting by spending time in the forest.

When I go there, I am not alone, but I don't know who else is there.

This is gonna be fun!

We are going to get 3 - 5 inches of snow. The big storm is going to miss us completely.  Snow days are a little less fun when one works at home.  But I do love to watch the snow fall.

I hope you have a wonderful snow day.

Love and hugs and kisses from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment