Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Love, not fear

Clare,

I think that those nuns were shoveling their shit onto unsuspecting kids in Catholic school.
It's cruel the ways that they indoctrinated young people into the Fear of the Lord…
better live through a priest…
memorize your 10 commandments…
kind of life.

I remember reading something that renamed the 10 Commandments, the 10 Commitments…
the premise was, that if you are living a positive lifestyle, these are ways to guide your choices…
they were the natural consequences of living from a loving, open heart.
They were not a means of damning people to hell or time in purgatory.
I stopped examining my conscience every night and let it go.

I am committed to a positive lifestyle.
Growth, love, helping…
responding to the Spirit.

I choose to live by those commitments because they feel right…
not because of fear.

I read once that all things can be forced, except love.
The Nazis could force prisoners to do almost anything, except to love them.
God is Love…never fear.

I am not feeling well. I have an upper respiratory infection and feel pretty crappy. I think I'm going to lay on the couch and preview a movie I'm showing next week to spark a discussion on domestic violence. Not exactly light hearted entertainment, but at least I will be resting. I love you.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment