Thursday, January 22, 2015

Rat parks

Rat parks for people - maybe cohousing, living in community. Or having a sister live next door.  Personally, a rat park would mean I would be able to sleep as much as I need. To make as much money as I need to live comfortably - not lavishly, but to never have to decide between electricity and groceries. I would have time for my passions - I could garden, walk in the woods, write, sit in a warm tub and soak. I would have time to bake and cook and knit.

In this time, I think it is time - lack of time is our main stressor.  I am up at 5 am.  I work from 5:30 - 1:30.  I write reports.  The baby is here at 2:30 and I have her until 11:30.  I love having the baby.  But I am tired.

It is getting better, though, as she becomes a companion and assistant.  She loves to help.  She loves to do whatever I am doing.  It is fun.

And I can't travel, because in the US, 37.5 hours a week is part-time which means no benefits. No insurance, no pension and no paid time off. I can't get sick or travel without planning for a short check.

Nonstop stress.

And in my rat park, I would have more connections. I would start attending meeting regularly and get involved with - whatever...go get arrested for the environment...

Parenting thoughts - Logical consequences - let them take responsibility for what they have done. It is a really hard thing to do as a parent, though.  Our instinct is to protect, no matter what the cost.

I was watching a comedian attack Cosby.  He was wondering why 35 women are not enough.  Why don't we believe them?  After listing some reasons, he ends with - Is it because they are women?

It is Thursday night. I really thought it was Friday. I am so ready for Friday.

I'll be back tomorrow.  Hope you have a lovely evening.

Hugs and kisses and lots of love, little sister.

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment