Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Garbage

Hi Maggie,

A Friend/friend I really respect said the same thing - Hold him in the Light.  I was looking at some photos of his refugee camp, and holding everyone in the Light.  And I need to hold the militants in the Light also, so that their innate humanity emerges and the do the right thing.

Be a witness is good. I was thinking about contacting QUNO and seeing if they have any ideas or information. Sometimes AFSC can get aid through lines,too.

I am sort of lost in this all.  My youngest says I torture myself by going on dog rescue sites.  I just watched a video about a small dog...whose family moved and just left him on the street. A year later, he's still there, living under a trailer.  The people who captured him had to lasso him and he squirmed and screamed and tried to bite.  He was terrified of being touched.  They started petting him and he calmed down.  Then they sheared a year of mats off of him.  He was clean and safe, but you could tell he was broken. His head was down, he didn't respond.  I recently saw a photo of an 8 year old dog who was taken to a shelter by his family on Christmas.  His eyes were dead.  He is on the west coast. If he were closer, I would probably go get him...

It ties to the boy in the video, the boy pleading for food and safety.

We treat each other like garbage.  We throw our dogs away, we throw our children away...

We do not value life.

In our country women have to go back to work six weeks postpartum. Our bodies are not healed. Our breastfeeding relationships are not firmly established.  But women must go back if they want to keep their jobs. Because there is little support from our society for a woman to stay with her babe. We don't respect mothers, we don't value family.

We are all garbage.

I want to print a gazillion T-shirts that say EXPENDABLE and give them to everyone...everyone who is homeless, everyone who is hungry, everyone who is unemployed, everyone who is uninsured, everyone who has served in the military...everyone who works 38 or 39 hours a week - part time - and so not worth giving any benefits.

I was friended by a cousin today, one of Uncle B's twins.  Then his brother and their sister also friended me.  I was back in our childhood, in the violence of that family. I was so angry for a few minutes.

It all ties together...

 Look into AVP exercises for your support group.  I recommend them. And if your son needs an English tutor, I'm willing to help him...

It's time for sleep...I love you...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment