Monday, January 5, 2015

Celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!

In general, I am always very troubled by religious language - God, Lord, Hallelujah.  I think there is more power in words than we are aware of, and there is an immense amount of power in these words.  I have an older Friend who calls it Cosmic Love.  I can handle that!

So instead of walk in the fear of the Lord, this grandma/crone wants all children and grandchildren to go dance in the Cosmic Love! But Peace and Love - go for it!!!

What is the point of the Environmental Concerns meeting...or, what exactly are you opening?

I remember being a part of an ongoing study group, years ago.  We were searching the Bible for directions about our stewardship of the Earth.  We really couldn't find anything.  That led to some interesting discussions.  That may possibly be the only Bible study course I ever took.

I am trying to convene an RE Committee Meeting - yep, I'm back on!  And it's like herding cats!  Of the 28 years I have been a Quaker, I have been on RE for 23 years, within the two different meetings I have belonged to...I know I belong there, and...I can't complain too much.  This is only my second consecutive year.  We are struggling with finding ways to create community and be open to families and to children.

Assuming you won't read this until after midnight...Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday!  NyaaahhNyaaahhhNyaaaahhh - I'm first!!

I remember you when you were a baby.  You were the only Delana born with dark hair.  So we used to sing about your hair...Do you remember?

I've been thinking about Dante's rings of hell.  I am thinking that when we get into a rut of bickering or of addictive behavior or of our preferred source of pain, and we don't see any way out - that's hell.  And so many of us are in hell.

So we have to climb into Satan's bellybutton and start working our way up through Purgatory...Suddenly that sounds like walking back through the swamp!  Cool!!!

I'm still in the clutches of the virus...I should try to sleep it off...

Happy Birthday my Sexy, Generous, Happy, Beautiful, Wise, Young Sister.  My 2014 be the year you walked through the navel and may it all be up hill into the Light for this year and the rest of your life!!

Love forever...I'm glad you are my sister!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment