Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Be the Light

Clare,

What do we do?
How do we make a difference?
It is mind-boggling that people can be so cruel to each other.
We have lost the sense of connection…
even though it remains intact.

First and always hold him (them) in the Light.
Only the Divine has the reach to affect so many.

Second, be a witness. Share the story so that many voices will rise. Write to the rich and powerful and make them aware- be the Light.

There are just too many violations to attend to…
I gave my presentation on reproductive health rights for women on Monday. It was uncomfortable. The participants/attendees did not share or discuss their thoughts. At first it felt like I failed to raise their awareness. Looking back I think it's just to overwhelming to see how women are systematically violated and discriminated against. I'm not sure I'll give that presentation again.

This is a tough week for me. It is the last week of the first semester for the boys' school. The deadlines are heavy and quickly approaching. I find myself vacillating between stepping back and letting them direct their own progress and preparation and wanting to jump in and make sure it all gets done at everyone's expense. I have to allow them to make choices and them live with the consequences. It is the best way for them to learn. But, if the oldest fails English he may not graduate in June…or he'll be taking 3 english courses simultaneously next semester. That would be hell on earth for him.
I've got to trust the process…but remain available.

I am meeting with the board president for my part-time position this morning. He wants to hear my ideas about our piece of proposed legislation. I've been sharing my concerns about this bill for 3 years and finally some one wants to hear me out. I'm kind of nervous, but I've done my homework and think I have dent insight and an approach that has a good probability of passing the legislature. I'm really nervous because I've applied for the executive director's position and feel as if this is part of the interview process- unofficially. I hope it goes well. The funny thing is that I'm not even sure I would accept the position because of the distance from home and travel involved. But, on the other hand I have some good ideas that I'd love a platform from which to launch them.

I'm in the process of developing a group therapy program for ex-convicts with a friend/Friend. We are creating the outline for week-to-week activities, topics, focus areas. I have to spend this afternoon reviewing his ideas and adding to them. I really feel that we should incorporate some mind-body work, like yoga or guided meditation or drumming to help reconnect them and restore integrity (or at least begin the process).

That's all for now.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment