Friday, May 30, 2014

Thanks

Clare,
Thanks for your generosity.

I think we do avoid talking about difficult subjects with people…
we fear that we might hurt them is some way…
but, the reality is that we fear that we will be uncomfortable.
I have been talking to people about my cancer…
because I want them to understand how important it is to check your breasts…
and I want them to not be afraid…
At baseball I saw a woman looking at me…
I knew husband had talked with her husband about helping him out when the schedule is tight…
so I brought it up…
she seemed relieved to not have to pretend to not know anymore…
I was relieved to talk about it.

I did have an opportunity to talk with the player who has hodgkins lymphoma and I asked about his treatments…
and school…
but I didn't share my story with him…
even though I want to tell him that he inspires hope in me.

I am really tired.
I think all of the nesting is finally catching up with me.
One more day of school for the boys…
then I can sleep in a bit…
even 7 am sounds heavenly.

I will check in tomorrow…
I love you and appreciate you so much,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment