Monday, June 2, 2014

If you are going to be a Light…you have to burn

Clare,

I picked ups book last evening, A Lamp in the Darkness: Illuminating the Path Through Difficult Times, by Jack Kornfield…
it was on my desk…
I had started it before, but put it aside because something more pressing distracted me…
but, serendipitously, I found it again.

A few of the quotes:

To survive our difficulties is to become initiated into the fraternities of wisdom. 

Which has had more value in your life, where have you grown more and learned more, where have you become more wise, where have you learned patience, understanding, equanimity, and forgiveness- in your hard times or the goods ones?   (Ajahn Chah)

As you face loss, frustration, hurt, and conflict, invite a sense of your own dignity. Sit up, stand up tall. Have respect for yourself, and patience and compassion. With these, you can handle anything.

It is amazing…
once I surrendered to the lessons of this experience I find a book to help guide me through.

I also recently saw a quote: If you're going to be a Light, You've got to burn. When I read Dark Night of the Soul St. John talked about being green wood, and having to burn out all of the extraneous stuff until only the essence of the true you is left behind- coals that burn hot and smolder, able to ignite others…I love that image.
Life is good.

Love and Light,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment