Wednesday, June 18, 2014

and another strange thought

I have been reading the reactions to the George Will editorial about sexual assaults on campus.  He says that the 1 in 5 women who are sexually assaulted on campus statistics are not accurate. It's more like 2.9%, because that is how many women report it.  He cites one rape report that was weak, with the idea that all women love to bear the victim title.

My first thought was any time a guy says -"You know you want it" they have to stop and evaluate the situation.  Women know when they want it, and if a man has to tell her - something is wrong.

But my other thought was that this is a continuation of the witch hunts. Women are still seen as evil, seductive, sinful, and poor weak men simply can not resist.  Almost every man I know has a noble spirit, and lots of self control. This big paint brush that says they are weak is an insult.

 Reading your list of why I should feel tired was eye-opening.  I knew everything on the list, and more. But seeing it from you felt like someone else was seeing me for the first time this week. Thank you!  And, just to share, my sugar binge lasted about four days.  I'm clean again.  It's relatively easy to stay clean and sober as long as I don't take that first bite!

I had a strange thought.  A few weeks ago we had a hailstorm.  Some of the hailstones were as large as small apricots. I had never seen any that big before. And as the pounded out of the sky and crashed against the house and bounced off windshields, I was absolutely helpless. I could not do anything but wait it out.  I  began to wonder if that is how you feel now, facing this disease. And I wondered if that is how your older son feels, too.  It does not feel good!

Then I had another strange thought.  What if rather than losing your breasts, you are sacrificing them - making them a sacred offering...I'm not sure where I'm going with this, and I may be way off track. But I decided to share it.

And yes, you might have to organize another weekend at the beach.  Or maybe we could get S#3 to pick you up, come up here and we could all go to the spiritualist village for a day - maybe in late August???

I love you. You are in my heart. Keep smiling!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment