Thursday, June 5, 2014

Changing a pattern

Clare,
I think I do remember "Taste ya?"
It made me smile to read it.
I guess we did share some things when we were younger.

So husband has taken this whole week off to recover from what was supposed to be a "back to work the next day". I am glad he is taking some time for recovery and relaxation. He hadn't taken a week day off all year. I do worry that he'll feel behind when it's my turn and have to work despite my being at home recovering…
he's done that before…
He went to work the day after my knee arthroscopy with me home with 4 kids aged 17 months - 8 years…
He went to the hospital for one more study (he was on call) when I was in labor with #4…
sent me home from church with 2 of the 3 to wait for S#3 to arrive at home with every 5 minute contractions. I drove myself and the kids to and from church.
He has a history of expecting me to handle anything that comes my way…
and I've been conditioned to smile and make it work out…
why did I ever take all of that on?

I believe this time will be different. we have changed that pattern. This time he has been at my side at each appointment. I think he has learned the lesson of expecting independence from me…marital separation and the ending of a relationship.

I have been working in the yard and around the house. I love this time of year. I am redefining garden spaces and laying mulch down. I am putting in some new plants, not too many though. I love a crowded "cottage garden" look. I let plants extend outward and intermingle. I have columbine coming up in the center of irises…it is such a beautiful sight. It makes me happy.

Oh well, one more day this week. I will check in tomorrow.
Love and Light,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment