Friday, June 27, 2014

ranting

Hello Sister,

It has been a long day. After work, I went to a neighbor's and picked strawberries.  It was warm and sunny.  I was leaning on the ground, stretched out, reaching. I could  small strawberries and wild carrots.  Then I brought them home and sat and hulled them for hours.  I froze some. Tomorrow I'll make jam.

The first message we got from S#3 was that you would be released today.  I know things happened, and now you'll be in the hospital for another day. I was so shocked. Major surgery means an overnight stay.  What is wrong with our health care system?

I have talked to people in Germany and found that not only do you get the basics but you get extras - massages, special stays in healing places.  Here, we get to survive.   We get the absolute minimum - if we have insurance.  Because insurance is not even a given.

We need to get out from under corporate control.  We need to understand that money is not the key point of every decision. We need to actually care for people.

That was the rant of the day.

Our cousin said it's going to hurt when the meds wear off.  I hope you don't hurt.

I will check back tomorrow.  Probably after I make the whole house smell like strawberries.

Love from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment