Monday, June 9, 2014

soul retrieval?

Hi Maggie,

I had ice cream for dessert tonight - it was special birthday ice cream. That was my justification. Now I feel awful.  I can't eat sugar.  I have to face that fact and be strong.

Last weekend I went to an all day herbal conference.  This was more for inspiration than education.  I had the baby with me. I attended parts of 3 separate workshops. And I spent time walking the babe. During lunch, she put her foot in my food.  Remember those days?

Anyway, the third workshop was a drumming/shaman journeying session.  I wanted to go, but decided not to because it's hard to relax and concentrate with a a baby.  But a  friend went to the teacher and asked her opinion - would a baby be too disruptive? And so we ended up going to the session.  By the way, a baby is too disruptive.  I got into the first meditation, which involved visiting a garden.  But, the point is a conversation I had with my friend.

My friend and I have known each other for about 15 years.  She knows all of my kids, she understands our family dynamics.  She is someone I can talk to and not feel weird or judged.  She has been visiting a shaman/healer.  The healer does three sessions with each client.  The last session is a soul retrieval.  My friend knows you have breast cancer, and asks about you often.  I told her we had been talking about shamanism and soul retrieval.  She said we should just do it...we should do the sessions, which are each two weeks apart, and go through the soul retrieval.

Thoughts?  I'm willing!

Your son's challenging your sanity and memory are classic deflective maneuvers. When you stop to consider his accusations, he can escape. You know you are not crazy, and you know they will lie to get you off their backs.  His breakdown was perfect.  It leads to a breakthrough - almost every time.  This has to be a really scary time for him. I am glad he has decided to see the Reiki healer.  She seems to have good insights.  I thought about her this weekend when S#3 was here overnight. I remembered
our session and our stories as sisters.

The Friend who stared probably saw vulnerability streaming from you.  And you are lovely...

I have moments of logic about your upcoming surgery.  Then I have moments of emotion.  It seems surreal, then it seems frighteningly real. And I'm just a bystander. You are the one facing this.  We are here to support, but ultimately you face this battle alone.  My heart is with you.  I wish the rest of me could be there too.

I love you and miss you,

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment