Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Haunting

The greatest act of courage to to be and to own all that you are.  Without apology. Without excuses and without any masks to cover the truth of who you truly are....        -alter ego


I saw this quote yesterday on our favorite social media site.  I have been thinking about it ever since...haunted by it.

I don't think I am courageous.  I am hiding.  I am ashamed of who and what I am.  I can't imagine being as powerful as the idea in this statement.

How do I embrace being old and fat and uncared for?  How can I be proud of anything about me? Without masks, I suppose everyone would see I am afraid and vulnerable and unworthy.  I would have to own that I won't let anyone take care of me.

I am in a teary mood today.   Everything hurts and I am feeling invisible.

How are you? Tell me about your day. Anything new to report?

I am off to bed.  Again, I am exhausted.

I loveyou,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment