Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A quick update

Clare,

2 days to go…
today I spoke with the genetics counselor…
she recommends that all of the siblings and cousins have the CHEK2 gene evaluated.
I am going to get S#3 and B#4 to see her directly…
let me know if you want it checked.

I spoke with Mom last evening, B#2 &4 this afternoon, got a text from S#5…
what a day.
I also got messages from several friends…
and had one last reiki treatment prior to surgery.
I don't know what else to do to prepare, except relax.

I am doing well today…
I felt on the verge of tears for most of the day…
but it wasn't sadness…
I am not sure what the emotion is behind it.
I did have a little cry during the reiki work.
It relieved a lot of upper body tension.

Tomorrow I meet up with S#3, she is going to sit with me for a test that maps out my lymph nodes' drainage around the breast. I hope we have time to talk.

My older son is having a really hard time with all of this. His coping mechanism is to stay away from the house as much as possible…even when he's asked to stay home. I understand his reaction, but I really want to be able to talk  with him and spend time with him. But, every time I try he becomes angry and defensive…trying really hard to start a fight so that he has an excuse to stomp out of the house and leave. I really don't know what to do with him right now. So, try to hold him in the Light through all of this too.

Until tomorrow…
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment