Thursday, June 19, 2014

First peas

How is your shoulder?  How is your head?  You have to be holding stress.  You have to be.  You have a life-changing week ahead of you.  The gift is that the pain forced you to get your husband's help, to soak, to stretch - to pay special attention to yourself.

You said you were going to step back and take care of you.  Your body heard and obeyed.

I hope you are really aware of what is in the trauma centers, and can share it fully.  This seems important - big picture important.

I think we use the paintbrush and make broad, sweeping statements so we don't have to bother getting to know much about the other, and really don't have to get to know individuals.  Life's so much easier when we don't have to think, we can just assume and go on our merry way.

Not much happening here today. The vegetables are pretty much planted. I am in mid-mowing.  Once that is finished, I'll work on the flowers. Then back to the veggies.  I saw my first peas on the vines tonight.  And we haveso many salad greens we have to eat salad for every meal.

I love this time of year!

The daughter, the boyfriend, the best friend and the cousin are talking about renting a house together. I had an empty nest for a few months two years ago.  I was almost used to it - and really enjoying the neat and organized ambiance. Now chaos reins, but I will miss the baby.  But parenting is the only job, where when we do it right - we lose our job.

Watching them make decision - I am repeatedly impressed with the boyfriend.  I think she chose well!

Sweetly exhausted. I think I will sleep well tonight. I hope you do, too.

I love you so much...
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment