Monday, June 16, 2014

I spoke too soon

Last night, after I logged off, husband asked me about my last dental visit. I took out my day planner and saw it had been January.

Well, so much for no doctors this week- I am now going to the dentist tomorrow afternoon.

If I get my teeth cleaned before the expanders are placed I don't run the risk of infection following the cleaning procedure. Bacteria are introduced into the blood steam each time we have our teeth cleaned, so if I wait I have to take antibiotics to protect my new boobies/expanders. Also the appointment was after I follow up with the oncologist- so if she wants to start chemo I will be ready. You can't get your teeth cleaned during chemo because of the infection risk.

I am also going to the vet this afternoon- my little dog has been straining to defecate for a while, but last night it was really oily and also bloody. I think it's her anal glands, but we will see.

Last evening husband was really sad- Fathers Day is tough for him. He really misses his Dad. He said that he wishes he could meet him for breakfast, like they used to, and talk about all of the stuff that's going on with our family. I felt so badly for him. I have to admit I have trouble understanding that kind of paternal love. I thought about asking his brother to invite him out to talk- but they live about 2 hours from here. I think I will encourage him to reach out to his brother and talk with him. It won't be the same, but it is better than nothing.

I have been sheltering husband from the boys antics, trying to minimize the stress that he's carrying. As I walked this morning I realized how ridiculous this situation is. I really think his injury is from the stress of my diagnosis. Now, I have to buffer him from the boys to allow him to cope with my diagnosis and heal his injury, and I am once again carrying the stress of the boys solo. This is screwed up! I need a wife...

I had to make myself phone our father, and then I kept it short and to the point. I was surprised when he said they talk about me daily. I find it hard to believe. I rarely hear from them. They are a strange couple, as we are a strange family. Thank God I am an orphan!

Love and Light until tomorrow.
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment