Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fathers DayII

Hi Maggie,

Has your family been celebrating Fathers Day?  Ours hasn't.  Because my kids were homeschooled, we never got much into the Hallmark holidays. Even though I was aware of it being Fathers Day yesterday, I sort of let it slip away, and didn't call Dad.

I'll probably pop out a hope you had a happy day note before I go to bed.

I did have an emotional few moments, thinking about Fathers Day this afternoon.  I was in the garden, always a good place to think.  I was composing Fathers Day cards. I came up with:  Happy Fathers Day to the man who let me know I was a pain in the ass every day of my life, who taught me never to ask for help - because I am not worth it, and who lovingly pointed out how attractive my friends were, and wished I could be more like them.

Yeah, I'm exhausted and in a mood.  Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing.  Didn't know I was going to be such a Merry Little Sunshine today!

Hope I didn't push any of your buttons.  Or, if I did, they were buttons that needed pushed!

We finally had a sunny day.  Hope you did too.

Lots of love from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment