Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A practice of gratitude

Clare,

I have had a few days (ok a week) of self-doubt and pity…
that's enough for now.
Last evening my massage-therapist friend did a "lymphatic clearing" on my body.
She explained that she was practicing, but that this is what is done if a person develops lymphedema after nodes are removed.

Back up for one minute to set the stage…
we are working in an old building that we have both heard noises in before…
a spirit, identified as Adelyn has made herself known to my friend in a peaceful and gentle way…

Well, as my friend was working she had the sense that someone was working beside and behind her…
at one point my friend said…"Adelyn wants you to stop all of the negative thoughts. Hold onto to the positive. It's going to be all right. She has her hands on your head right now, and she really likes you."

My Reiki friend has delivered the same message as well.

How plain can this message be???

So this morning I dedicated myself to a practice of gratitude. I am expressing thanks for all of the experiences that I am having, big and small. I think that gratitude is the path that I missed back in that image i had a few weeks ago.

I am grateful for you, dear sister…
for being with me over the past 2 + years…
day in and day out…
loving and supporting me through the swamp…
and now through this journey.

I see the oncologist tomorrow. I am sure there will be questions answered, and many more that will rise.
But, husband and I are working through this together- another thing to be grateful for. The following Wednesday I meet the surgeon. If I am comfortable with him, I will schedule my surgery and get to the next step of this journey.

I was reading last night that some people see cancer as an enemy to battle…
others view it as a journey…
I consider it a teacher, for some of the toughest lessons that I have to learn.
The Divine must believe that I am ready for such a teacher…
for that I am grateful.

Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment