Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Sister

Happy Birthday Clare!!!

I hope that you have a wonderful birthday, shared with your family and friends.

Remember, when we were kids, birthdays meant you got to choose the dinner menu and TV shows for the evening. Although at least one of mine was forgotten…
until I walked through the door…
probably one of the reasons I don't like to celebrate my birthday.

How are you holding up?
I am in organizing overdrive…
I have one plastic bin for each of the principle actors and am filling them with all of their non-hanging pieces and accessories. That allows me to remain flexible from location to location.
I just hope that everything makes it to my car.
This project has been good for me in many ways…
it is a distraction,
an opportunity to work with an 83 year old friend who is lonely and bored most of the time,
an opportunity to work with daughter#2…she is loving the idea of working this closely with professionals.
an opportunity to create, and a chance to be with friends in a very unusual way…
and we laugh together…a lot.
So, despite the day to day frustrations, I am happy to be part of all of this.

I have my biopsy tomorrow.
The MRI showed 2 suspicious areas, fairly close together, but distinct…
so, first I will have an ultrasound guided biopsy for the lesion picked up only by MRI…
and then a biopsy guided by mammogram to get the area we originally saw.
I am having it done in husband's department…
so everyone there will be acquainted with my boobies by the end of the day.
S#3 asked to come…
but, in reality, I am going to be surrounded by people that I know…
so it will be OK…
and it gives husband an opportunity to support me.
I am not sure how long it will be before the pathology report will be back…
I will let you know when I hear the results.

Holding the Light,
Happy Birthday Sister- I love you.

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment