Saturday, May 3, 2014

Superman

Clare,

I had the MRI yesterday. It was an interesting experience. I had to lie down on my belly on a table with two openings for my breasts: they hung through. Free and accessible…
My face was cradled in a support and my arms were extended like Superman flying…
and I couldn't move for 45 minutes.
It was surprisingly comfortable…
except my forehead…
it began to feel like a sinus headache because of the pressure on my forehead.
I will probably hear the results on Monday.
The biopsy is scheduled for Wednesday…
then I wait for the results- 5 days.
I should have all of the information before I go to the genetic counselor.

I am doing pretty well…
drowning myself in my costuming project…
feeling a little manic…
but in a creative way…
it's a good feeling.
But I realize I am hiding from the cancer fear.

My Reiki friend has been sending energy…
I can feel this lump tingle…
sometimes it hurts…
and I ask her (in my head) to back off…
but the lump is less palpable…
maybe it's my imagination but it is harder to find and less firm than earlier in the week.

Today I costume the extras for the project.
Tomorrow I lead a workshop at the Quarterly Quaker retreat…Singing the Psalms…I will be singing today and tomorrow…that is good.

My garden is waiting for another week…then I will dive into the dirt….literally.

I love you,
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment