Friday, May 9, 2014

No do-overs

Yeah, I don't think there are any do-overs or redeals. We have to play the hand we get.  Sometimes life seem like a very long game of poker.

I've had lots of full houses, but I never seem to win.  Naw, that's not true.  I am way ahead of so many people.

Taking on the role of patient - it's hard to avoid.  I have also had the experience of being a thing in the room, a condition to treat. They interact, and   leave me feeling not very real.  And I usually understand quite a lot.  But you are really in a unique position.  You are one of them, you know exactly what they are doing, thinking, saying.  It has to be both good and bad.

How many days will it take to shoot the pilot?  How many after that to edit?  Will I be able to find it and watch it?  This is so cool!  I saw the photos of the costumes. They look great. I wondered if you were outfitting our Mayflower ancestors!

I had a long talk with someone involved with BACA  - Bikers Against Child Abuse - today.  The bikers meet kids who are in the system, they work within the law.  They stand guard around the kids, they go with them, they vigil outside their homes until the kids feel safe.  I couldn't help but think about all of the victims outside of the system.  I felt overwhelmed with grief.  The person I was talking to said they didn't used to think about violence or child abuse.  Now they see the world with completely different eyes.

I think it's good to see the world with different eyes, but it's so exhausting.

Hope the filming is going well.

Back tomorrow, with love...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment