Sunday, May 18, 2014

Optimism

Clare,

I do think this decision tree is an opportunity for detachment…
letting go of the past and moving into a future with health but lacking a breast.

I opened a book today to a page that spoke of detachment…
loving kindness that does not expect anything in return…
just hoping for the good of the other person.
It said that parent/child and lovers have the most difficult time with detachment.
What's the boundary between love, detachment and neglect?
If we are trying to teach independence is it best to push the little bird out of the nest?
Was Dad's, "When you're 18 you're out of my house." a method of detachment?
It was cruel…
It was selfish…
but it did set us free- without the parents clinging to us…
although they did claim kudos when we had positive outcomes.

I was able to ask my Quaker community to support me through all of this uncertainty and decisions that need to be made. It was a good experience. Many present stopped to hug me and offer any assistance that I may need in the future. I was afraid to say it out loud…but I am really glad that I did.

So, how are things with your oldest son and his family? I worry about them.

I spent the past 3 hours mulching and mowing. My body is tired, but I felt really strong and powerful. I love working in the yard, especially on these beautiful, sunny days. I planted vegetables yesterday- finally. I put in 6 tomato plants, 12 spinach, 6 lettuce, 3 yellow squash and 3 zucchini, 2 cantaloupes, and a variety of herbs. Now that's optimism!

Until tomorrow,
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment