Thursday, May 8, 2014

not my choice of roles

Clare,

I am finding this whole filming thing to be fun but frustrating. Daughter#2 is handling today and the first half of tomorrow for me- I have clients until 2:30. She is loving it. I ask her if she's OK with all of the stress, she says, "If I wasn't enjoying this I'd have to change my major". True, very true

I am feeling pretty good today. I have achiness in my breast, but ice has been handling it well. I've only resorted to tylenol 3 times- not too bad.
The bruising is minimal at this point, but I'm not letting anyone hug me.
I am staying busy to distract myself.
I found out a lot yesterday…
just listening to them talk around me…
they don't realize how much they say in front of patients.
I found out that the calcifications seen on mammogram have a 50-50 chance of malignancy.
The interesting thing is that the lesion seen on MRI is highly suspicious…
so that's he one they are really concerned about.
Husband said that the radiologist who read the MRI, has read breast MRI exclusively for 10 years and she is fairly convinced it's malignant…
so now I wait for the pathology report…
if it's negative I have a feeling they will try an open biopsy…
to see if they somehow missed it.
No one has said that- but I can see it coming.
So, I feel as if I am taking on a patient's role…
not my favorite place to be.

I started to let my mind play with the possibilities today as I was driving and had to stop myself…
I started to tear up.
I can't jump ahead of where we are actually at…just be here now.

My university responsibilities are finished. That's a huge relief. Grades are submitted and everyone is happy- no one failed.
I had 6 clients today- and they all showed up- what a great day.
Tomorrow I have clients from 10 - 2:30 and then I go to the filming location.
I may not be checking in for a few days…
the schedule is until 11 or 12 every day of shooting.
I will let you know if I hear anything about the report though.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment