Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Breathing easier

Clare,
I decided yesterday to let this disease teach me something deeper about myself. This morning I found a TED talk video and shared it on Facebook. The young woman shared her story, and the realization that within every adversity lies the seed of discovery, learning and greatness. I am not paraphrasing it well…you can watch it and see for yourself.

Today I met the oncologist…
a very nice, middle aged woman who told me that from the present information that we have about the tumors no chemotherapy will be necessary. If I choose to have bilateral mastectomy I won't even need Tamoxifen. That made me feel so much better. Surgery is invasive…but poisoning my body intentionally makes me really uncomfortable. She will see us back after surgery to review the final pathology on the whole tumors…not just little pieces of them.

So, for today I can breathe a little easier.
And be grateful for that news.

Got to run…
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment