Monday, May 26, 2014

Perfect days

I was in an RC session with a friend once and she talked to me about how perfect the universe was, and our galaxy - it is so amazingly beautiful.  And our solar system, and our planet.  We talked about the seasons and the critters on the planet and thought about how perfect it was.  Then she pointed out that I am just as perfect,  I am part of this creation. And I completely broke down sobbing.

Today was a gorgeous day. I spent most of it outside. I am a little sunburned and my muscles are sore.  I was grubby and salty with sweat. A nice hot shower helped that.  I am grateful for hot running water!!  I was tired, so I sat at the picnic table for a few minutes. I heard the wind. I felt the sun. I was  gazing at the sky and I saw a robin stop on the tip of the pine tree out back.  It was carrying something in its beak.  I thought of the fledgling I saw earlier this week, and realized this robin maybe starting a second family of the season. Then I realized, this is what I need to be healthy.  Instead I sit at my desk from 5:30 am - 1:30 pm, everyday. I have 30minutes when I can get up and move.  Then I spend a few more hours back at the desk writing reports.  When I'm done, it's time to make dinner...I don't spend enough time outside.  I don't have those perfect little moments when I can sit and listen to the wind.  But I need this to be healthy, to be alive...

I had a thought, and I'm not sure how you'll feel about it.  But in the middle of the night there was an equasion, of sorts.  Violence is the tool. It causes pain, which is the malady.  And the remedy is marijuana. Then if people need to dull their pain, the system gets to use violence.

Time to make dinner...

Hope you are enjoying this perfect day.

Love and hugs from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment